The Center for the Study of Global Change (Global Center) at Indiana University is recruiting one (1) Graduate Assistant (GA) for Academic Year 2021-2022. The GA must be a Ph.D. candidate and eligible for G901 credits (or equivalent). This GA position includes general program assistance, data compilation for grant funding activities, and focused assistance with outreach programming including the Muslim Voices project and the Global Studies Graduate Group. Occasional travel and evening/weekend work required.
The GA receives a stipend of $18,000 and health insurance. There is no fee remission. The GA is expected to work 20 hours per week.
- Must be a Ph.D. candidate that is ABD and is enrolled in G901 credits (or equivalent).
- The ideal candidates will be flexible, hard-working, and will have strong organizational skills and work experience. Familiarity with international, trans-regional, and/or global issues and trends in any discipline(s) is ideal.
- General program assistance will require skills in information technologies, event planning, communication, outreach, research, data collection and organization, and website/social media management.
- An academic or experiential background in the internationalization of K-12 and higher education, outreach, research, and community programming.
- Academic or personal experience with Islam or Muslim life.
To apply, candidates should send
- a cover letter that includes how they could contribute to the Global Center;
- a CV, including contact information for three (3) references;
Completed application materials should be submitted electronically to the Global Center by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 1st. Review of applications and interview scheduling will begin upon receipt. A successful candidate would start work on August 23, 2021.
Please direct any questions to the Center for the Study of Global Change at email@example.com.