The Center for the Study of Global Change (Global Center) at Indiana University is recruiting one (1) Graduate Assistant (GA) for Academic Year 2019-2020. The GA must be a PhD candidate and eligible for G901 credits (or equivalent). This GA position includes general program assistance, as well as more focused assistance with website maintenance, media content production, and data collection. Occasional travel and evening/weekend work required.
The GA receives a stipend up to $15,750 and health insurance. There is no fee remission. The GA is expected to work 20 hours per week.
- Must be a PhD candidate that is ABD and is enrolled in G901 credits (or equivalent).
- The ideal candidates will be flexible, hard-working, and will have strong organizational skills and work experience. Familiarity with international, trans-regional, and/or global issues and trends in any discipline(s) is ideal.
- Academic or personal experience with social media and website development.
- General program assistance will require skills in information technologies, communication, research, data collection and organization, and website management.
- An academic or experiential background in the internationalization of K-12 and higher education, outreach, research, and community programming.
To apply, candidates should send
- a statement of interest that includes how they could contribute to the Global Center;
- a CV, including contact information for three (3) references;
Review of applications and interview scheduling will begin upon receipt. A successful candidate would ideally start work on August 26, 2019.Please direct any questions to the Center for the Study of Global Change, email@example.com.